At The Fireplace & Home Center, we take pride in being the best home fireplace store in Hawaii. Here's a little info about our origins and stellar team:
Jeffrey Mermel, founder of the The Fireplace & Home Center in Historic Downtown Hilo, opened the store in 1979. In April 2014, he passed the torch to Cary and Susan Freeman to carry on the great tradition that Jeffrey established decades ago. Cary began his career in the stove, fireplace and chimney business back in 1989 in Missouri and Arkansas. After Cary and Susan were married in 1994, they moved to Fairbanks, Alaska where Susan was thrust into the business. Cary is certified by The National Fireplace Institute as a Master Hearth Professional and by the Chimney Safety Institute as a certified Chimney Sweep.
Susan has a degree in Interior Design from the University of Missouri, so she is able to assist prospective clients in the aesthetics of how to transform their rooms around the wood stove or fireplace. Cary first came to Hawaii in the 1980s when he was stationed on Oahu for several years in the military. He vowed to return one day to the place where he discovered his love for scuba diving. Now they are moving their expertise and enthusiasm to Hilo, where they can provide excellent services like fireplace repair to all of Hawaii.
If you're looking for a stellar wood stove store in Hawaii, we hope you'll trust The Fireplace & Home Center. Here are just a few reasons to do business with us:
- We have been a locally owned and operated business since 1979.
- Our owners have a passion for design and expertise in fireplaces and stoves.
- Our owner is certified by The National Fireplace Institute as a Master Hearth Professional and by the Chimney Safety Institute as a Chimney Sweep.
- Our store carries a wide variety of the top products and brands.
- We always strive to offer reasonable prices.